Jackson Public Schools - Belhaven Residential

Jackson Public Schools

Belhaven/Belhaven Heights

Casey Elementary

Brinkley Middle

Murrah High


Galloway Elementary

Brinkley Middle

Lanier High

Registration Information

On the JPS website, it states you will need a copy of your lease agreement to enroll a child in school. We will provide you a copy of your signed lease contract on the day you move in. If you would like to have this copy earlier to get a child enrolled, we will happily provide one but you will need to pay your prorated rent on the day you pick up the copy and you will not be given keys to your unit until the day the lease starts.

C. Residence Requirements

The parent/guardian of a student seeking to enroll in a school shall provide the school district with at least two proofs of residency. The documents must be in the name of the adult enrolling the student. Examples of acceptable documents are included below. Only one document from each group will be accepted.

  • Group 1 – Acceptable documents include mortgage documents or property deed; Apartment or home lease; Filed homestead exemption application form
  • Group 2 – Acceptable documents include utility bills dated within the last two months or utility deposit receipt. Cell phone bills cannot be accepted.
  • Group 3 – Acceptable documents include automobile registration or automobile insurance; driver’s license; voter registration card; IRS documents from the most recent tax year, etc.