Belhaven Residential, LLC operates in accordance with the Fair Housing Law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for housing without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit us. It is an honor to be considered for your future home, and we look forward to working with you. We know that choosing a place to live is a big decision, so we will do all we can to make this transition as easy for you as possible.
To apply, you need to submit a thoroughly completed application. We also need a copy of your driver’s license or ID. We can make a copy in our office or you may take a clear picture with your phone and email it to LoveLiving@BelhavenResidential.com. We also need proof of income, so you should submit any of the following:
- Two most recent consecutive paycheck stubs
- Proof of financial aid or school refund check
- Proof of Social Security, child support, etc.
- Offer letter of employment
- If self-employed, your two most recent filed tax returns
If a deposit is being used to hold a unit, you have 24 hours from the time the deposit is paid to submit all the information we need, else your deposit will be returned and the unit will be placed back on the market. Once we have all information needed to make a decision, we will need approximately 2 business days to process it and notify you regarding our decision.
When our decision regarding your approval has been made, we will contact you. At that time, we will discuss the lease term you want, a move-in date and the amount of your prorated rent. Keep in mind that the market rate advertised is for a 12 month lease. Should you desire a 9 month lease, your rate will be market + $20/month. Should you desire a 6 month lease, your rate will be market + $50/month. On the day you move into your new home, you will sign your lease, pay your prorate, and pick up your new keys.
Rest assured…our team is waiting to serve you! Coming to Belhaven Residential is like coming home. Are you ready to come home?
LEASING CRITERIA (updated Oct 20, 2016)
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is required when the application is submitted to management. All application fees are non-refundable.
- The security deposit is required to secure a specific unit for rent. If the applicant changes his/her decision about renting with Belhaven Residential at any time or for any reason, the security deposit will be forfeited. If the applicant fails to turn in all needed information within 24 hours of submitting a deposit, the deposit will be returned and the unit placed back on the market. However, if the applicant is not approved for the unit, the security deposit will be refunded within 48 hours of the denial.
- Each prospective resident over 18 years of age will need to fill out an application and have a credit and criminal background screening.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to apply as a lease holder. If under 21 but over 18, applicant can arrange for a parent to apply and if he/she qualifies, the parent can sign the Lease Agreement with the minor listed as an occupant.
- Applicant must have a favorable credit history. Homeowner’s credit report must show mortgage company information or the mortgage company must give written documentation of payment history.
- Applicant must have a favorable rental history. Should applicant owe a previous apartment community, that applicant must pay the balance and present us a letter of good standing from the apartment community in order to be approved.
- Income must be at least 2.5 times the rental rate in gross income per month. Employment verification is required. Proof of income (i.e. paycheck stub, letter of employment, employment contract) may be submitted, else a fax will be sent to your supervisor for written confirmation of employment and pay rate. Self-employed applicants must verify income with two previous year’s tax returns. Retired applicants with no monthly income must be able to prove 12 month’s worth of rent in savings.
- A credit check will be pulled and any unpaid housing/rental debt, evictions, foreclosures, or utility balances on the report will result in an automatic rejection.
- A person with a criminal background is encouraged to share the details of the incident(s) at the time the application is submitted. A criminal background check will be pulled with the credit check. A person with a recent (10 years of less) criminal conviction or offense will be considered by the management team on a case-by-case basis.
- Prospect must move into a reserved unit within 7 days of receipt of security deposit or when unit is ready, else security deposit will be forfeited and applied to unit as lost rent.
MOVE IN SPECIAL
Pay your application fee and security deposit on the same day, and when you come into our office, you will be allowed to spin the wheel for a chance to win $50, $100, $150, or $200 off your first full month’s rent! Once you submit the application, you will immediately receive an email about how to pay the security deposit.